Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Unplugging

Have you ever been completely consumed by email and projects? I feel like lately I've been so behind on so many projects, personally and at work. And email makes it so much worse.

I'm one of those people who needs to check her blackberry every time it rings. I need to know who is trying to get in touch with me. It almost makes my heart have little mini palpitations when the little envelope, signifying new mail, comes up. What if it's something bad?

Lately I've begun to wonder what would happen if I just turned it all off for a few hours a day. Work diligently to get a project FINISHED... imagine that... and then go back to electronic world. Believe me I'm normally a geek. I mean I went to the Apple store and picked up my reserved iPad the day they came out... yes, I'm a geek. So the thought of turning it all off makes me feel like I'd be neglecting something but honestly aren't I neglecting the very things that need to get completed anyway? So the only thing getting accomplished here is me panicking every time the email light goes off.

OK, that's it. I've decided. I'm unplugging for a while. See you on the flip side. Hopefully I'll have a completed project to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment