Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Frozen Strawberry Jam


Strawberries are in season which means it's time to make a big batch of Frozen Strawberry Jam. After rave reviews from the family on this particular one, I've kept it in the rotation of things I make. Other ones, like the pear & cherry chutney have fallen by the wayside mostly because, in my personal opinion, it tasted like ass. Maybe I just don't like Chutney, or maybe it was awful chutney... either way, I'm giving away the last few jars to my friend (who for some reason liked it) and never going there again. There should be a guideline for people. "Try this recipe if you're weird and like weird things" instead of "this is the best recipe ever!" because the latter is just not true.

Ok, so this weekend I'm going to go buy a big mess of strawberries and put up the jam. I am one for following the recipe on the back of the package but I'm thinking I may try a little lavender or vanilla.... just because I think it sounds a little fancy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment